Note from archiver<at>cs.uu.nl:
This page is part of a big collection
of Usenet postings, archived here for your convenience.
For matters concerning the content of this page,
please contact its author(s); use the
source, if all else fails.
For matters concerning the archive as a whole, please refer to the
or contact the archiver.
Subject: Anti-Masonry FAQ (v. 2.9)
This article was archived around: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 06:41:36 GMT
Anti-Masonry Frequently Asked Questions
compiled by Trevor W. McKeown
Last modified: 5 May, 2004
The Anti-masonry FAQ is intended to address issues of ignorance or
malicious misinformation. It contains verifiable and documented
historical events and facts.
Anti-masonic writings, with a history dating to sixteenth century
England, can be grouped into two broad catagories: accusations of
anti-Christian or satanic objectives and accusations of political and
social manipulation. Both of these catagories rely on fraud, unfounded
paranoia, historical hoaxes, logical fallacy, and often the writings of
the 18th century anti-mason, John Robison; the confessed fraud, Leo
Taxil; and the often misquoted 19th century masonic author, Albert Pike.
1. Who are the Illuminati?
2. Does the Trilateral Commission control the freemasons?
3. What is the Trilateral Commission?
4. Who are the Bilderburgers?
5. What was the P2 Lodge?
6. What was Palladium?
7. Is the Club of Rome an Illuminati front?
8. Did high-ranking mason, Albert Pike found the Ku Klux Klan?
9. Isn't the Priory of Sion a masonic front?
10. What about the Alta Vendita?
11. What about the Rex Deus dynasty's influence on Freemasonry?
12. What is the Council on Foreign Relations?
13. What was the Rhodes-Milner Round Table?
14. What is the Belmont Brotherhood?
15. What is the Skull and Bones?
16. What is the Royal Dragon Court?
1. Why do freemasons use the Satanic pentagram/pentacle?
2. Are freemasons satanists or luciferians?
3. Is the eye and pyramid a masonic symbol?
1. Who was Elias Ashmole?
2. Who was Francis Bacon?
3. Who was Abbe Barruel?
4. Who was Cagliostro?
5. Who was Albert Pike?
6. Who was John Robison?
7. Who was Leo Taxil?
8. Who was Adam Weishaupt?
9. Was [insert name] a Mason?
1. Is a 33rd degree freemason more important than a 3rd degree
2. What does A.F.& A.M. mean?
3. Is Freemasonry anti-religious?
4. Is Freemasonry a racist organization?
5. Do freemasons worship Satan?
6. Is it true that members can never quit?
7. Is Freemasonry male chauvinistic?
8. Does Freemasonry have a secret political agenda?
9. Well, is Freemasonry liberal or conservative?
10. Is an Egyptian mystical resurrection ritual the lost secret
11. Then you've got something to do with the Grail, right?
1. What was the Bavarian Illuminati?
2. Weren't George Washington, every USA president, the first USA
Congress and the entire Continental Army all Freemasons?
3. Didn't Edward VI abolish Freemasonry?
4. Isn't Freemasonry the same as Rosicrucianism?
5. What was the Rite of Strict Observance?
6. Who were the Unknown Superiors?
VI HOAXES AND FRAUDS
1. What were the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?
2. Was Albert Pike the leader of Universal Freemasonry?
3. Does A.L. mean "In the year of Lucifer"?
4. Isn't the Masonic Bible supposed to be Albert Pike's
"Morals and Dogma"?
5. Didn't George Washington renounce Freemasonry?
6. Doesn't the "Big Book of Conspiracies explain all this?
7. Didn't John F. Kennedy oppose Freemasonry?
8. Doesn't the satanic design of Washington, DC's streetplan
prove that there's a masonic conspiracy?
9. Aren't the freemasons plotting to rebuild the Temple in
10. Didn't Adolf Hitler praise Freemasonry?
11. But wasn't the Nazi party founded by the freemasons?
12. What is the masonic testament?
VII ARE THE MASONS RESPONSIBLE FOR [insert event] ?
1. Did the freemasons cause the French Revolution?
2. Did the freemasons kill Captain Morgan?
3. Did the freemasons kill Pope John Paul I?
4. Did the freemasons kill John F. Kennedy?
5. Was Jack the Ripper a freemason?
6. Is Freemasonry corrupt?
1. Is Freemasonry a religion?
2. Are freemasons really Gnostics?
3. What is Gnosticism?
4. Do "Lucifer" and "Satan" refer to the same entity?
5. Isn't Freemasonry deist?
6. Doesn't Freemasonry promote natural religion?
7. Doesn't Freemasonry promise a path to salvation?
8. Are freemasons really Noahides?
9. Doesn't Freemasonry promote ecumenism or syncreticism?
10. Is Freemasonry a form of Hermetism?
11. But aren't freemasons really pagans?
12. Is Freemasonry a mystery cult?
13. Is Freemasonry a form of Templarism?
14. Isn't Freemasonry cabalistic?
15. Is Jacques de Molay the Second Messiah of Freemasonry?
16. Has Freemasonry become part of the New Age movement?
17. Isn't Freemasonry Enochian?
18. Isn't Freemasonry the outgrowth of some Second Temple
19. Aren't the freemasons parodying Judaism?
20. Is Freemasonry a revival of Essenism?
21. Does Freemasonry promote indifferentism?
22. Are freemasons anti-atheists?
The Anti-masonry FAQ is maintained at